Två flugor i en smäll! Besök det informella jordbruksministerrådet som går av stapeln i Sofia i Bulgarien, samtidigt som du lär känna det bulgariska lantbruket. Det har du möjlighet nu när European Network of Agricultural Journalists bjuder in till lågbudgetresa till Bulgarian 2-5 juni.
Flygresa bekostas själv samt kostnaden för logi som är 100 euro för delat dubbelrum och 160 euro för enkelrum.
OBS. Senast tisdag 8 maj måste man höra av sig till FSLJ:s Lisbeth Karlsson om man är intresserad. Mejla Lisbeth.Karlsson@vxa.se vid intresse!
Nedan är programmet.
LOW BUDGET PRESS TRIP BULGARIA
June 2nd to 5th 2018
June 2, Saturday
Arrival of Sofia Airport before 1400h and departure to Dolna Banya. (The colleagues, whose flights are later, will be transported to the place whith our personal cars)
Program in Dolna Banya (distance from Sofia 72 km):
– accommodation in the eco-hotel ”Dolna banya” (take your swimsuits – there is a swimming pool with hot mineral water). The hotel has own botanical garden with over 430 species of trees, bushes and flowers – http://hotel-dolnabania.com/en
– visit to a raspberry farm
– visit to an ostrich farm
– presentation of the opportunities for rural tourism and balneotourism (Dolna Banya is a resort village with mineral springs. One of hotels has its own energy production to supply a greenhouse for vegetables)
– dinner, overnight
June 3, Sunday
– departure for the Rose Valley in the area of Manolovo village, Pavel Banya region (distance from Dolna banya – 175 km ).
– Presentation of producers of herbs and essential oils for the pharmacy and perfumery industry. Bulgaria is the world leader in lavender production and has export-oriented production of herbs and medicinal plants – 92% of all herbs in the world are found on the territory of the country.
– visit to ”Intermed 1” – a distillery for essential oils of lavender and healing plants (yellow millet, balm, immortal, mint, etc.).
– presentation on the production of organic fruits and vegetables in Bulgaria. The country ranks first in the EU in growth of organic producers – five times increase for the last 5 years Meeting with the leadership of the Bulgarian Association ”Bioproducts” and with Stoilko Apostolov from Bioselena Biodiversity Foundation
– visit of Demonstration farm ”Under the Balkan” for dairy cattle from rare breeds in the village of Vasil Levski, Karlovo region. Dairy tasting
– presentation of the Bulgarian honey and its healing properties. In Bulgaria honey is produced from the Thracian age – 4-2 century BC.
– departure for the town of Peshtera (distance from Pavel banya 130 km)
– visit of ”Biovet” Ltd for medicines and pharmaceuticals products. Presentation of ”Huvepharma”
– a fast-growing global pharmaceutical company with a focus on developing, manufacturing and marketing animal health products
– dinner, overnight (at a hotel in Peshtera or in Plovdiv – 30 km away from Pazardzhik, where a visit is due on June 4 or in hotel ”Europe” – Sofia – http://www.hotel-europe-bg.com/en/
June 4, Monday
– follows a program organized by the Bulgarian Presidency
Informal Meeting of the Agricultural Ministers
Provisional Presidency program for Journalists
08:00 Meeting in the lobby of the hotel
08:30 Transfer to the village of Zvanichevo, Pazardzhik
Clothing: Comfortable shoes and casual clothing may require lightweight outerwear and an umbrella.
10:00 – 11:15 Visit of Gimel Greenhouses AD – biofarm for growing organic vegetables and fruits – informal meeting with the ministers
11:15 – 12:45 Transfer to Chateau Kopsa wine cellar, near Karlovo
12:45 – 14:45 Visit to the Chateau Kopsa Winery – walk in the vineyards, wine tasting and lunch
14:45 – 15:45 Transfer to Kazanlak (valley of the roses)
15:45 – 16:30 Demonstration – The Ritual ofPicking-roses, rose oil distillation
16:30 – 17:00 Visit of the Museum of the roses – Kazanlak
17:00 – 18:00 Ethnographic exhibition the home and everyday lifeof the rose-maker, rose water tasting and various rose products)
18:00 – 20:40 Transfer to Sofia (194 km, about 2 hours 38 minutes)
20:40 Return to the hotel
– dinner with presentations of Copa & Cogeca and (probably) the Bulgarian Association of Agricultural Land Owners (http://www.baszz.net/index_gb.shtml) – place hotel ”Europe” – Sofia – http://www.hotel-europe-bg.com/en/
Tuesday, 5 June 2018
13:00 Press conference of the Presidency and the European commission after the Informal meeting of the agricultural ministers. (Place: National palace of culture)
– departure for Sofia Airport
Link for accreditation:
Useful information you can find here:
– departure for Sofia Airport